Village Clerk Duties
The Village Clerk is elected by the residents of the Village to a four year term. Duties of the Village Clerk include:
• Attending all official meetings of the President and Board of Trustees, and preparing the official minutes, subject to the direction and approval of the Board.
• Provide the Village Seal and attest for all ordinances, resolutions, contracts and bonds of the Village, and such licenses, permits and other documents as required.
• Act as the keeper of the Village Seal and affix it on documents whenever required. Give proper notice of meetings as required by statute, ordinance or direction of the Village Board.
• Act as the keeper of all documents belonging to the Village which are not assigned to the custody of some other officer.
• Perform other duties as required by state law and duties delegated by the Mayor and Board of Trustees.